Retirement Plans Management
SYM Financial Advisors provides 401(k) and retirement plan consulting services to plan sponsors of small to mid-sized businesses across the Midwest. We specialize in advising fiduciaries in their responsibilities, assisting plan sponsors with the selection, implementation, monitoring, and management of effective 401(k) savings and retirement plans, and educating employees to help them make the best possible decisions with their retirement accounts.
As a business owner offering a 401(k) plan to your employees, you are held accountable for a level of expert knowledge that, for most, lies outside your area of expertise and familiarity. While many 401(k) providers employ outside fiduciaries to monitor selected investments, plan fiduciaries remain liable for the plans they provide to their employees. Our experienced business consulting team specializes in protecting companies like yours. It is our goal to provide a plan that will benefit your employees and maintain your profitability. In addition to serving as a legal advocate for the plan and your company, our team will coordinate with the plan custodian and record keeper/CPA to:
- Select appropriate investments for your plan
- Draft the Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Organize group enrollment/education meetings for plan participants
- Monitor investment performance and recommend changes when needed
- Meet regularly with the Plan Sponsor and provide written fund monitoring information
- Ensure compliance with Department of Labor plan-related standards
Andy joined SYM Financial in January of 2014. Most recently, he lectured courses in investments and portfolio management at Loyola University Chicago's Quinlan School of Business, the 17th-ranked undergraduate finance program in the country.