SYM Financial Advisors requires that you provide current and accurate financial and personal information. SYM Financial Advisors will protect the information you have provided in a manner that is safe, secure and professional. SYM Financial Advisors and its employees are committed to protecting your privacy and to safeguarding that information.
Safeguarding Customer Documents
We collect non-public customer data in checklists, forms, in written notations, and in documentation provided to us by our customers for evaluation, registration, licensing or related consulting services. We also create internal lists of such data.
During regular business hours access to customer records is monitored so that only those with approval may access the files. During hours in which the company is not in operation, the customer records will be locked.
No individual who is not so authorized shall obtain or seek to obtain personal and financial customer information. No individual with authorization to access personal and financial customer information shall share that information in any manner without the specific consent of a firm principal. Failure to observe SYM Financial Advisors procedures regarding customer and consumer privacy will result in discipline and may lead to termination.
Sharing Nonpublic Personal and Financial Information
SYM Financial Advisors is committed to the protection and privacy of its customers’ and consumers’ personal and financial information. SYM Financial Advisors will not share such information with any affiliated or nonaffiliated third party except:
- When necessary to complete a transaction in a customer account, such as with the clearing firm or account custodians;
- When required to maintain or service a customer account;
- To resolve customer disputes or inquiries;
- With persons acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity on behalf of the customer;
- With rating agencies, persons assessing compliance with industry standards, or to the attorneys, accountants and auditors of the firm;
- In connection with a sale or merger of SYM Financial Advisors’ business;
- To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, identity theft, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability;
- To comply with federal, state or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements;
- In connection with a written agreement to provide investment management or advisory services when the information is released for the sole purpose of providing the products or services covered by the agreement;
- In any circumstances with the customer’s instruction or consent; or
- Pursuant to any other exceptions enumerated in the California Information Privacy Act.
It is not a policy of SYM Financial Advisors to share nonpublic personal and financial information with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties except under the circumstances noted above. Since sharing under the circumstances noted above is necessary to service customer accounts or is mandated by law, there are no allowances made for clients to opt out.
SYM FINANCIAL ADVISORS BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLAN SUMMARY
SYM Financial Advisors has developed and implemented a Business Continuity Plan (“BCP”) that includes alternate facilities to protect its business processes and technology environment in the event of a significant business disruption. SYM Financial Advisors’ policy is to respond to a significant business disruption (SBD) in an effort to safeguard employees’ lives and firm property, make a financial and operational assessment, quickly recover and resume operations, protect the firm’s books and records, and allow our customers to transact business.
The plan addresses business disruptions that may be caused by a local incident or by a regional or market related disaster that applies to many companies. The Plan covers our critical business processes and related employees essential for SYM Financial Advisors to continue to conduct business for an interim or temporary period during a business interruption. Every important aspect of SYM Financial Advisors’ securities business, including data back up and recovery; all mission critical systems; financial and operational assessments; alternative communications with customers, employees, and regulators; alternate physical location of employees; critical supplier, contractor, bank and counter-party impact; regulatory reporting; and assuring our customers prompt access to their funds and securities if we are unable to continue our business is addressed in this plan.
SYM Financial Advisors’ goal is to recover its Critical Business Processes with minimal interruption, depending on the nature of the disruption. In a disruption to only our firm or a building housing our firm, we will transfer our operations to a local site when needed and expect to recover and resume business within 24 hours to 72 hours. In a disruption affecting our business district, city, or region, we will transfer our operations to a site outside of the affected area, and presume to recover and resume business within 24 hours to 72 hours. If the significant business disruption is so severe that it prevents us from remaining in business, we will assure our customer’s prompt access to their funds and securities.
If after a significant business disruption you cannot contact us as you usually do at 800-888-7968, please use our emergency contact number
574-287-3526 or go to our website at www.sym.com for contact instructions. If you cannot access us through either of those means, and you have a brokerage account carried by one of our custodians, you should contact either:
- Charles Schwab via its website www.schwab.com or by telephone at 866-855-9102 or
- Fidelity at www.fidelity.com or 800-343-3548 or
- TD Ameritrade at www.tdameritrade.com or 800-669-3900 or
- National Advisors Trust Company (NATCO) at www.nationaladvisorstrust.com or 877-527-3476
for instructions on how they may provide prompt access to your funds and securities including accepting buy and sell orders and issuing checks and wires from your account. If your account is held at a mutual fund or insurance company, you should contact the company directly for access to your securities.
Please be advised that our business continuity plan is subject to change and modification. Our firm will update this plan whenever we have a material change to our operations, structure, business, or location or to those of our clearing firm. In addition, our firm will review our plan annually to modify it for any changes. If the plan is modified, we will promptly post the revised summary on our Website www.sym.com. If you have questions about our business continuity planning or would like a written copy of the summary of our BCP, you can contact us at 800-888- 7968 or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line BCP.