Jennifer “Jenni” Wendt is the Global Director of Strategic Planning and Business Analysis at Dow, a sustainable materials science company that sells products in the packaging, mobility, infrastructure, and consumer care industries. Jenni is responsible for generating strategic plans that support the company’s capital planning and corporate strategy. Jenni also has oversight of Enterprise Working Capital, with a special focus on managing the risks related to $5-billion investments in trade account receivables.
Jenni joins me today to discuss her role and core responsibilities at Dow. She describes her early work experience and what she learned from working with a variety of finance companies. She explains why she preferred to pursue a career in finance over legal and the risks she took to get to where she is today. Jenni also shares her thoughts on financial advisors, her favorite authors and books, and what she enjoys doing when she’s not working.
“It’s okay to be uncomfortable. Learning to be uncomfortable can be really powerful and can open a lot of doors.” – Jenni Wendt
This week on Executive Decisions:
- Jenni’s role at Dow and her strategic expertise
- Jenni’s professional experience and the time she worked on a farm
- Jenni’s key takeaways from her first job as an executive
- What it means to know how to use your voice
- How Jenni identified her passion for finance
- Why Jenni made the change from legal to finance
- The life-changing risks Jenni took in her career
- Jenni’s advice to young professionals that are afraid to take risks
- Jenni’s most significant takeaway from 2020 and other life lessons
- What Jenni finds rejuvenating outside of the office
- Jenni’s favorite books and authors
- Jenni’s thoughts on hiring financial advisors
- Nora Roberts
- Book: Horses Never Lie: The Heart of Passive Leadership
- Book: What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Keep your eyes open to everything, don’t come in with preconceived notions. You’re not too good to do anything.” – Jenni Wendt
- “That ‘can do’ attitude usually produces great opportunities for people.” – Sarah Delahanty
- “You enjoy what you do because you enjoy the people you’re doing it with.” – Sarah Delahanty
Connect with Jenni Wendt:
About SYM Financial and Executive Decisions Podcast
Executive Decisions is a show for business leaders. In each episode, host and financial advisor Sarah Delahanty sits down with executives and local experts who serve them. Together, they tackle some of the harder questions that business leaders face today. From inspiring creativity in the workplace, to managing company politics, to making the best choices with executive compensation, taxes, and lifestyle — our show delivers stories and lessons learned across many industries and lifetimes.
Email Sarah at email@example.com with questions, comments, and to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review to help others discover the podcast
Disclosure: The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify SYM Financial Advisors (“SYM”) immediately and destroy the material in its entirety. All communications requiring immediate attention or action, such as trade requests or other time sensitive matters should not be sent to SYM via email. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information may arrive later than intended, be intercepted, be corrupted, or contain viruses. This material is not an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any product. The opinions expressed herein are those of SYM and are subject to change without notice. To the extent that performance information is contained in this email, past performance is not indicative of future results. SYM is an independent registered investment adviser. More information about SYM including our investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in our Form ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.