Mauro Gregorio joins me to describe Dow’s corporate work culture, diversity and inclusion program, and welcoming atmosphere. He recounts his first job and responsibilities at Dow and what he learned while holding an entry-level position. He explains the importance of humility, asking for help, and ensuring someone is there to help. Mauro also discusses how the pandemic initiated changes in the workplace—particularly in how we work—and how it disrupted the way we value work relationships.
Mauro is the President of Performance Materials & Coatings at Dow, a chemical manufacturing company operating since 1897. Dow runs the Performance Materials & Coatings group—one of the three key businesses—with annual sales of over $9 billion. Mauro has been with Dow for almost four decades and has held various executive positions. As President, Mauro specializes in business strategy, international markets, and executive management.
“Having the humility to ask for help is important and having somebody on the other side willing to help is critical.”- Mauro Gregorio
This week on Executive Decisions:
- How Mauro got started with Dow and what his first job was like
- The best part about being in an entry-level job
- How Mauro developed his customer-centric mindset
- The critical learning moments that build values and objectives internally
- How Dow developed a flourishing culture of diversity and inclusion
- Dow’s diversity program and how it stems from management
- How Covid-19 changed the way we connect and relate to each other
- Why social media makes succeeding in a career intimidating
- Mauro’s hobbies outside of work and his passion for astronomy
- Mauro’s thoughts on learning every day and being motivated
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “People don’t tolerate an environment not conducive to fun and being welcoming.”- Mauro Gregorio
- “We need to embrace the feedback and change if the feedback points us to an issue that needs adjusting.” – Sarah Delahanty
- “Successful effort is creating great frameworks for people.” – Sarah Delahanty
Connect with Mauro Gregorio:
About SYM Financial and Executive Decisions Podcast
Executive Decisions is a show for business leaders. In each episode, host and financial advisor Sarah Delahanty sits down with executives and local experts who serve them. Together, they tackle some of the harder questions that business leaders face today. From inspiring creativity in the workplace, to managing company politics, to making the best choices with executive compensation, taxes, and lifestyle — our show delivers stories and lessons learned across many industries and lifetimes.
Email Sarah at email@example.com with questions, comments, and to schedule a one-on-one conversation.
Follow SYM Financial on Facebook
And, if you enjoy the show, please leave a review to help others discover the podcast.
Disclosure: The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify SYM Financial Advisors (“SYM”) immediately and destroy the material in its entirety. All communications requiring immediate attention or action, such as trade requests or other time sensitive matters should not be sent to SYM via email. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information may arrive later than intended, be intercepted, be corrupted, or contain viruses. This material is not an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any product. The opinions expressed herein are those of SYM and are subject to change without notice. To the extent that performance information is contained in this email, past performance is not indicative of future results. SYM is an independent registered investment adviser. More information about SYM including our investment strategies, fees and objectives can be found in our Form ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.